Tuesday, June 30, 2009



June 29, 2009

Sup,
So this week was pretty lame. We didn’t have any success and we are working hard. So we are going to start to have more family home evenings with the members and we are asking them to invite a friend. Tonight we have one. I hope it will go well.

Today we played soccer again. It was fun. But my comp got mad at me. So someone passed me the ball and I was running after it and he smacked me pretty hard with his body but I didn’t fall. So then some one passed it infront of me again and I started running down the line and my comp was behind me then I turned and bumped him with my body and he fell. Hehehe. And he got mad. It was pretty funny. I don’t know why he would have started it if he really cant take it back. He has gotten over it now, I think.

So on Sunday I got to church and the branch president asked us to talk. So we were preparing our talks and the counsoler of the bishop of the other ward asked me to talk also. So I gave two talks on Sunday. One on unity and the other on the temple. I think I did a good job.

So we are so far out in the boonies that in our little town there is not even one public telephone. About half of the 8 streets are not paved so I might wear through some shoes pretty fast. Another weird and cool thing that we do here is pee in the river. There is a little stream that runs along our town and if we have to go bad and we are not close to the church we just go down into the stream and do our business.

So Michel Jackson died. That’s weird and not surprising at the same time. That guy was a wacko but sang and danced like no other. O so I guess my comp before the mission was a big dancer. He was on the dancing team of his school. He is pretty proud of it and is pretty serious. I asked him if he would tech me to dance. And he said no, you could never learn to dance. He said that white people cant dance. I don’t really care cuz dancing is not too high up on my ”cool things to do” list. Hehehe.
So we got to go. Love ya lots
Elder skaggs

No comments: